Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Life

I was born on January 3rd, 1985, in Mashhad. My parents were both born in Kermanshah. My parental grandfather was from a distinguished family. He was a serious and respectful man who died when he lost his properties. My mother’s family was from Azarbayejan in former Soviet Union. My parents emigrated from Kermanshah to Khorramshahr when they married because my father had found a good job there. Khorramshahr was not a suitable place to live in. The summers had muggy weather and the cold of winters was not tolerable; but people were nice and happy and Little by little they accustomed to their new life and began to find happiness in that town. After revolution the situation was changed, Iraqis thought that Khorramshahr belongs to them and wanted to attach this small city to their country. They attacked khorramshahr but my family could not run away on time because my father believed that the war would last only 3 days! Finally when Iraqis started to enter the city my family had no way but to get on the last mini bus and leave everything behind. The hardship had started for them; they did not have any place to go, and wanted their home, their beds, and their own peaceful life. After a while they went Tehran to live near my aunt. They could not stay there too long because of missile attacks on Tehran. When my father was proposed a job in Mashhad, He accepted and they leaved Tehran. They had to make everything again. It was hard to adopt to new place and people with different way of living and special traditions. We were just strangers among them. My parents were concerned of my education so they sent me to special school after I finished primary school. Although the teachers were perfect and we had everything there, but I was not happy. I had to study all the time, we were expected to study extra hours to come up with school’ schedules. I recall my loneliness and sleeplessness clearly. We came back to Tehran when I finished secondary school. Again I had to adopt myself to the new conditions. I was good at high school but not as good as I used to be. Instead of studding my lessons I spent my time reading different books! At that time I thought everything is futile, and I did not know why people trying that hard to gain something that is transitory. My major was mathematic and I liked it but it needed too much effort to be successful in entrance examination of university. I believed that I was wasting my time by staying at home and studding all the time. I did not want to torture myself like this, so I went abroad to live there. First I thought that I found the paradise lost and everything was attractive for me, after a while I came to this idea that it was not what I wanted. The foreigner’s situation was not good. They were given the second rate jobs. The cost of living did not permit them to afford to go to university and some of them had to marry the ones older than them to get credit cards. I did not like to live like them, so I decided to come back to Iran although my mother did not agree. After that I started to study for entrance examination and was admitted in university, since then my life has been calm and I have found my way in life.

No comments: